99 West South St.
Berkley Integrated Audio Solutions, 2003-present
- Programmer for SoundSoap, audio restauration software.
- Crossplatorm development of applications and plug-ins.
- Systems Programmer.
Ohio State University, Department of Dance, 1995-present
- Programmer for LabanWriter, a program for doing dance notation on the
- Computer hardware support and coordination for the department.
- Application Developer.
IRCAM, Institute de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique, 2000-2002
- Development of
, an application for sound manipulation
using phase vocoder and filtering algorithms. Work done in C++
- Graduate Assistant.
University of Illinois, Music Department,1994-1995
- Software maintaince, UNIX administration.
- Improved performance of existing sound synthesis software
through optimization and parallelization of existing code.
- Graduate Assistant.
University of Illinois, Library and Information ScienceDepartment
- Programming in C, HTML, UNIX administration.
- Developed an on-line document delivery system
using Mosaic, which was used as a model charging users for copyrighted
information on the Internet.
University of Illinois, Urbana
- M.S. in
- GPA 4.8 (5.0)
- Thesis is an application that explores genetic algorithms as
a tool for algorithmic music composition. Development on a
Power Macintosh using C++.
The Ohio State University, Columbus (1991-1993)
- B.A. in
, cum laude, with honors
- GPA: 3.6 (4.0)
- The senior thesis, supported by an undergraduate research
scholarship, explored the possibilities of using techniques
from natural language processing as a means
for real-time musical improvisation between computer
and performer using a blackboard system programmed in C++.
The Ohio State University, Columbus (1983-1989)
- B.A. in Electronic Music, cum laude, with honors
- GPA: 3.5 (4.0)
- A piece of digital musique concréte was the senior
thesis project, funded by an undergraduate research
- 6 years experience with UNIX,
including some system administration.
- Experience using and programming a wide variety of computers,
including Macintosh, SUN, DEC, Next, IBM and SGI
- Experience with a wide variety of programming languages, including
C (4 years), C++ (7 years),
Pascal (6 years), 68K Assembler
(2 years), MAX/MSP (4 years).